What You Should Know In Choosing Yourself First RTT As A Beginner
by Laine Ye on Apr 21, 2023
The benefits of using a roof top tent for camping
Are you tired of traditional camping tents that take forever to set up and leave you cramped for space? Look no further than a roof top tent for your next camping adventure.
Roof top tents are a portable shelter mounted on the roof of your vehicle or rack system. They have become increasingly popular among campers, overlanders, and outdoor enthusiasts due to their numerous benefits.
One of the biggest advantages of using a roof top tent is the extra storage space it provides. By mounting your tent on the roof, you free up valuable storage space inside your vehicle. This allows you to better organize your gear without blocking the rear view or blind spots.
Roof top tents are also incredibly versatile. They can go anywhere your car can go, making them perfect for overlanding and dispersed camping. Unlike traditional camping trailers or bulky recreational vehicles, roof top tents of Crafuel are easy to maneuver and can be set up in minutes.
Another benefit of using a roof top tent is their ability to bridge the gap between a traditional tent and a recreational vehicle. Roof top tents offer more comfort than traditional tents while still providing an authentic outdoor experience. They also provide better protection from wildlife and insects than ground-level tents.
Finally, roof top tents are perfect for all weather conditions. They are designed to withstand harsh weather conditions such as rain, wind, and snow. Many models come with built-in insulation to keep you warm during cold nights.
In conclusion, if you're looking for a comfortable and convenient way to camp outdoors, consider investing in a roof top tent. With their extra storage space, versatility, comfort, protection from wildlife and insects, and ability to withstand harsh weather conditions, they're sure to make your next camping trip an unforgettable experience.
How do I properly install a roof top tent on my vehicle?
The installation process for a roof top tent will vary depending on the specific model and type of vehicle you have. However, there are some general steps you can follow to ensure a proper installation:
- Choose the right roof rack: Before installing your roof top tent, make sure you have a sturdy and reliable roof rack that is compatible with your vehicle. The roof rack should be able to support the weight of the tent and any occupants.
- Position the tent: Once you have your roof rack in place, position the tent on top of it. Make sure it is centered and aligned properly.
- Secure the mounting brackets: Most roof top tents come with mounting brackets that attach to the roof rack. Use these brackets to secure the tent to the rack, making sure they are tightened securely.
- Test for stability: Once your tent is mounted, test it for stability by gently shaking it from side to side and front to back. If it feels loose or unstable, adjust the mounting brackets until it feels secure.
- Install any additional accessories: Depending on your specific model of roof top tent, you may need to install additional accessories such as a ladder or rainfly. Follow the manufacturer's instructions carefully when installing these accessories.
- Check for leaks: After installation, check for any leaks by spraying water onto the tent and checking for any areas where water seeps through. It's important to note that these are general guidelines and you should always refer to your specific model's instructions when installing a roof top tent on your vehicle. If you're unsure about any aspect of installation, email info@crafuel consult with a professional for assistance.
Do I Need Anything To Go With a RoofTop Tent?
When it comes to camping in a rooftop tent (RTT), there are different approaches you can take depending on the experience you're seeking. Whether you're a minimalist or maximalist camper, there are a few key items you should always pack to cover your basic needs.
First, check the weather forecast and pack appropriate clothing and topical toiletries like bug spray and sunscreen. Lights are also important for safety and convenience, so don't forget to pack flashlights, lanterns, or headlamps.
Additionally, not all campsites will have basic amenities like running water or waste stations, so be prepared with 1 L of water per person per day, garbage and recycling bags, and toiletries and hygiene items appropriate for your camping location. For those looking to take their camping experience to the next level, consider adding accessories like an Annex for shelter or storage racks to keep essentials within reach and out of your bed.
Crafuel, is a group of avid outdoor enthusiasts who are tired of the same old camping experience. We want to take our love for the outdoors to the next level and truly immerse ourselves in nature. We are dreamed of sleeping under the stars, waking up to breathtaking views, and feeling the fresh air on our skin. That's when we came up with the idea of a rooftop tent.
Our tents are designed to be easy to set up, so that adventurers could spend less time fussing with gear and more time enjoying the outdoors. The SummitBreeze and The Giants from Crafuel are made from rugged, weather-resistant materials to ensure they could withstand any conditions. And they are designed with comfort in mind, with plush mattresses and plenty of space to stretch out and relax.